Saturday, October 29, 2011

Berry Muffins Too Early On A Weekend Morning


It’s early for a weekend morning. Consciousness dawns and with it a reminder that I need to bake muffins for my husband to take in to his photography workshop.

Semi-awake, it’s out to the mulberry tree, early sunshine flirting with clouds to see who will be the dominant partner today.



The tree is usually dripping with ripe berries, but it was well raided yesterday and I have to look carefully under leaves and in between branches to fill my cup.



Sift together dry ingredients.


Mix together wet ones.


Fill the trays with muffin papers, because berries stick like crazy to unlined tins.


And by the time the rest of the family is ready for breakfast, after watching the first half of  Victor/Victoria, the tune of Jazz Hot is humming through my mind and I feel like a supermum, golden muffins in serried rows waiting to salute the breakfasters. I didn’t tell them I made them for the workshop... not especially for them!



Here's the berry muffin recipe.

Or if you're feeling in a virtuous muffin mood, how about yoghurt and oat muffins
or branflake muffins?

Have a happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like we were on the same wave length! I am going to try your other muffin recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments - I appreciate every one!